You may not know what an “explainer video” is but you surely have seen one. These are the short (60-90 second) videos a lot of the companies (and small businesses) use to explain what they do and how they can help their clients and customers. Explainer videos are the new norm preferred by web browsers to inform, educate and understand about a business, and what they do.
One question that I have been repeatedly asked by clients (and while taking a chunk of my energy and time explaining) is about the pricing of an explainer video. So I decided to dedicate this blog about what is the cost of a 60 second animated explainer video in Sri Lanka (since I am located and work here).
The answer I am afraid is not a straightforward one. If you (as a business owner) want an explainer video done think about the questions you have to ask yourself: “what is my budget”, “what is the length of the video”, “should I choose an animated, whiteboard or live video”, “Do I plan on appearing in the video myself”.
So… I will try my best to break down the question(s) to arrive at all possible answers to explain this conundrum.
First: figure out your budget. Remember… this video will essentially be explaining what you do and how you can solve a problem to your audience. You want people to watch your video and react to it. You want them to share it with their colleagues (or preferably on social media with friends). An effective video makes your brand/business stand out, while earning the trust of your audience. Tightening your budget by a few hundred dollars (or tens of thousands of LKR) will only detract to the effectiveness of the video (and your business).
*LKR = Sri Lankan currency
Second: figure out what type of video you “think” better explains what you do. If you choose an animated explainer video, figure out what type of animation to go with. The difference between a stick figure and a realistic animated video (with voice) will drastically impact your budget. You can also opt for a white board animation video or a live video. If you are a professional service provider, choosing to be the “star” of the video is not a bad idea either.
What is the Cost of a 60 Second Animated Explainer Video in Sri Lanka?
ANSWER: US$400 (55,000 LKR)
If you’re working with a reputed animator or a reputed marketing agency expect to spend $5,000 – $10,000. Yes you heard me right. Before you jump out from your seat and start screaming “this is ridiculous”, just check out the below break down on the time an effort that goes in to an animated 60 second video. You will agree that the price is fair. Would you want to compromise the price of a life altering surgery? Same way would you rather jeopardize the potential of your business by compromising your explainer video?
Behind any animated video is the hard work of a talented team of creative professionals – script writers, illustrators, artists, designers, animators, voice artists, editors and producers who honed their craft over years of learning. Now you should have some idea about how the process works. Expect the entire process to last from 3 weeks to 8 weeks depending on the details of a video requirement.
In my article What Can the Visual Cube Do for Your Business, I clearly stated that I don’t claim to be or associate myself with titles such as “consultant”, “expert” and claim to know hidden insider secrets on video marketing. In my 3-4 years’ experience as a video marketer I am confident that I have evolved in my craft as a professional. I operate from Sri Lanka (near the cool breeze of the seashore) and have a talented team of young designers, animators and editors. I don’t have a plush Manhattan office space. That is why I can offer my services for fees far below that of a professional agency, but equal in creative output. If you are looking at doing a 60 second explainer video for US$400 CONTACT US or check out our Video Marketing Pricing package and further lower it to US$350.
What to Look Forward When Working With Us
- We are experts at our craft with a real in-house team who wants to build a relationship with you. You can directly communicate with me and be actively involved in the process as much as you want.
- Unlike other video studios pumping out hundreds of videos a month, our guarantee to you is that we will dedicate quality time in delivering the best we can do. All our work is in-house and none is outsourced. We understand that poor quality will do irreparable damage to your business/brand.
- Deadlines will be met with a money back guarantee. Every video project will have clear stated objectives both from us and you.
- An explainer video is not necessarily guaranteed a “viral video”. We do not make that promise and you should steer clear from producers that promise it. We target our efforts and energy on conversion and increasing sales. After all… what is a video with a million views and not generating leads or sales to you?
- We make your video found on Google. After all what is the point in spending on a video that will not be found by your audience? We perform up to 2-4 hours of video SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for every video we do that is hosted on.