“How many views do you need your video to become viral?”
That seems to be an almost unavoidable question when the topic of viral videos come in to play. So… how many views does a video need to become viral? Back in 2012 a viral video was considered a video that will hit a million views (with no specific timeline). That was the example set by South Korean songwriter/singer for his hit video Gangnam Style. Fast-forward 2016 and with video viewership quadrupling since 2012, the standard for a viral video is now considered “a video that exceed 5 million views within the first week (5-7 days).
Views aren’t the only factor determining if a video is “viral”. Some videos do fool browsers with a catchy “viral title” but too often fails to engage the viewer beyond the first 7-10 seconds. A “true viral video” will become the talk of the town, creating buzz with (1) likes (2) comments (3) shares and even being (4) picked up by news channels. The effects and impacts of a viral video can create lasting impressions. That is why many international brands have picked up on the craze to create social and brand awareness through viral videos.
So… Ever wondered how to do a viral video for your business, and spread your brand awareness in your local community or take it to international? What if I say that making one (with a little effort on your part) or at least starting on your “first” (with many to follow) is as easy as finding a trending topic? Watch this video on “How to Make a Viral Video in 2017 for Your Business”, to learn how to take a topic that is trending to make your own viral video without spending big, without using much material and without dedicating a lot of time.
When doing a viral video for your business make sure to follow these 5 guidelines.
1. Your objective should be to do a “viral video”, NOT a sales video. If you try to sell your audience then you will lose the mojo of your video, and the attention of your audience.
2. Come up with a viral title that also have the keyword of the news topic that is trending, and the search topic you want your viewers to find you.
3. Make your video shorter – Do NOT brag and do not engage in prolong story telling about what you do and how well you do what you do.
4. Know what you are willing to compromise. Make sure that your video entertains your viewer and NOT belittle or cheapen your name or your brand.
5. Get ready for criticism. People will criticize your work. This is good because it gets them talking. So don’t be afraid to fail. You cannot learn without first trying out right?
Good Luck – Vijith
Download my Free Video Strategy Guide on getting Started with your Own Video Marketing Strategy Guide for Your Business
How to Make a Viral Video in 2017 for Your Business